Health Care on Yates COVID-19 Policy
We are offering phone, virtual video, and in-office appointments.
Prescription renewals, review of test results, consultations and follow ups can be conducted by phone or virtual video. Any in-office visit that is essential will be arranged by the provider at the time of your virtual visit.
If you have a clinic appointment, please arrive on time. If you are early, we request you wait outside or in your car until your appointment time.
When your nurse practitioner determines you need to be seen, please keep the following in mind:
- Please arrive on time, we will encourage you to wait outside or in your vehicle if you are early for your appointment.
- You may call us when you arrive at the clinic or present to the front door.
- We may take your temperature and history to rule out any COVID symptoms.
- To ensure social distancing waiting area chairs will be spaced apart.
- We would ask only the patient arrive for the appointment, unless accompanying a child or someone with disabilities.
- Just bring what you need, do not bring backpacks, carts, or other items.
There is no COVID-19 testing done at our clinic. Public Health is managing all COVID-19 testing in the province.
If an individual has no symptoms, they do not require a test. Testing is recommended for anyone with cold, influenza or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones.
If you are worried about an exposure please contact 250-388-2225 South Island Communicable Disease Program.
Complete a self-assessment
Anyone who is concerned that they may have been exposed to, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should first use the online self-assessment tool: bc.thrive.health (link is external).
The self-assessment tool is also available as part of the COVID-19 BC Support App (link is external), which provides regular updates, trusted resources and alerts to your mobile device.
Book a test appointment
The Island Health COVID-19 Testing Call Centre is available for individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
CALL CENTRE HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY – SUNDAY, 8:30 A.M. – 4:30.P.M.
You will now be asked to leave a callback number rather than wait on-hold. Calls will be processed in priority order during business hours but you may receive a call back after Call Centre hours, as we work to keep up with demand. Please ensure you provide a phone number that you can be reached at after our hours of operation. You will need your personal health number (or your child’s) available when Call Centre staff return your call.
Waiting for test results for families and patients
While waiting for test results, the person with symptoms needs to stay home and isolate (link is external) from other household members (other than a direct caregiver if required).
Household members who do not have symptoms, and/or are not directly caring for a sick child, do not need to stay home and can continue their normal activities, while maintaining a physical distance of 2-metres from others, wearing a mask where appropriate and washing hands frequently.
If any close contacts develop symptoms, please stay home and call 8-1-1 or visit bc.thrive.health (link is external) for information.
Start making a list of people you were in close contact with, as of two (2) days (48 hrs.) before you began experiencing symptoms. Include their names and contact information.
Getting your results
Have your personal health number handy for any of these options:
- Adults (19+) can access lab results through MyHealth, 24-48 hours after testing. To set up an account, call 1-844-844-2219, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Call our Lab Call Centre at 1-866-370-8355, Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturdays and Statutory Holidays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Call BC’s COVID-19 Negative Results Line at 1-833-707-2792, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 7-days a week.
- Sign up for results by text message (link is external).